|Cuisine||Prep Time||Cook Time||Yield||Calories|
|Spanish||20mins||25mins||4 servings||211 (per serving)|
- 24 pieces/12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans/29oz salt-free diced tomatoes
- 2 lb red potatoes, sliced into quarter circles
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil/canola oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add in garlic and green onion, stir and cook on medium heat for about 5–7 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, and potatoes, and bring to a boil. After which lower the temperature to a gentle simmer, and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soften.
- Add in shrimp, oregano, lemon juice, and basil and mix them together. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Add in salt and pepper. Serve immediately with each serving with six shrimp and 1.5 cups stew.