|Cuisine||Prep Time||Cook Time||Yield||Calories|
|Western||14mins||25mins||4 servings||158 (per serving)|
- 12oz cod fillets (cut into 4 portions)
- 4 red potatoes, sliced into ½ inch thick circles
- 3 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 cups leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp reduced fat butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add in leeks and carrots, stir and cook gently for 3-5mins until the vegetables are soften.
- Add in potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender, for about 10–12 minutes.
- Add in cod fillets, and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Cook gently over low heat for 5minutes until the cod fillet is fully cooked.
- The cod fillets can be served with ½ cup of chicken broth for each portion of cod fillet and with vegetables.